This book by Kevin Kelly, a futurist, writer and former executive editor of Wired magazine, outlines a variety of evolutionary technological trends that will shape the future society and economy.
The 12 themes are briefly listed below:
- Becoming: Moving from fixed products to always upgrading services and subscriptions
- Cognifying: Making things much smarter using cheap powerful AI that we get from the cloud
- Flowing: Depending on unstoppable streams in real-time for everything
- Screening: Turning all surfaces into screens, will be surrounded by screens
- Accessing: Shifting society from asset ownership, to one based on access to services
- Sharing: Collaboration at mass-scale.
- Filtering: Harnessing intense personalization
- Remixing: Unbundling existing products/media and recombining in innovative ways
- Interacting: Immersing ourselves inside computers to maximize engagement
- Tracking: Employing total data tracking for the benefit of citizens and consumers
- Questioning: Decentralization of society is allowing for more good questions that push development, making use of collective efforts of communities
- Beginning: Moving towards a planetary system connecting humanity and machines into a global matrix